Avery Celebrates Another Year!
Saturday, June 27, 2009

My little girl celebrated her 2nd birthday this week!! Oh, and did I mention the two-year-old attitude that came along with it? Oh. Boy. Where, oh where, did my sweet baby go?


Sweet Baby Avery on her first birthday



One year later, I introduce to you...
Little Miss Sassy Pants

This year we celebrated her big day at The Little Gym. Surprisingly, she really seemed to enjoy all of the attention, and even successfully blew out the two candles on the Tinkerbell cake I made for her this year.


Most of her days as a two-year-old (all of five) have been spent baking cookies in her new retro play kitchen. Who knows, folks, we may just have the next Martha Stewart on our hands. Well, minus the ex-con part. She has also been adorning her body with an assortment of scabs, bumps, and bruises she has sustained as a result of her innate clumsiness. Seriously. Have you ever heard of another child who can plant her face on the concrete while in a seated position? Our little Avery. What a hoot.

For anyone interested, I compiled a slideshow of Avery's birthday party at The Little Gym. Thanks so much to all of our friends who helped us celebrate her big day!






4 Comments:
Blogger Carmen had this to say:

LOVE the slideshow...and the music! Who is that? I cant wait till we can celebrate ours kids birthdays together. Happy Birthday my sweet Avery!!!

June 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

That cake is amazing! You did a great job! You used fondant right?

June 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM 


Blogger The Walrus had this to say:

Carmen: that is the world's greatest modern songwriter and musician, Paul McCartney.

Nice choice of music, Catrina! Avery is a cutie! Wyatt continues to look more and more like Ricky...poor kid. :D

June 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Holy cow, 2 years old??? How did that happen? She is so darn cute, and way to go with that cake! Impressive! I think you should move to Utah so I can hire you to make my kids' birthday cakes. ;)

June 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771