Day Out With Thomas
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We had so much fun last year when Thomas came to town that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see him at Mt. Hood Railroad again this year. But this time, we were lucky enough to have the grandparents join us.


Wyatt felt quite honored to meet the infamous Sir Topham Hatt, director of the railway. After toting around pocket-sized figurines of the fat guy for at least 2 years, I think Wyatt was a bit surprised to see how big he really is in person. No wonder all of the engines are scared of him!

While we waited for the 3 o'clock train, Wyatt busied himself with the various train tables that were set up while Avery nearly wore down every single crayon until nothing but a little stub remained. She loves to draw, have I mentioned that lately?


However, she did take a little break from coloring to help her brother navigate through the hay maze before, literally, heading back to the drawing board for Round 2 of coloring.

Shortly thereafter, it was time to board the train. Wyatt was really excited to finally get the opportunity to show his grandparents how awesome it is to ride on a train being pulled by the one and only, Thomas the Tank Engine. Avery and I, on the other hand, watched from the sidelines as Thomas cheerfully "tooted" down the tracks (Ha! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist).

And to top off an already exciting afternoon, Grandma and Papa took it up just a sugary little notch by treating the kids to some ice cream. It was the first time all day in which both of them sat simultaneously still and quiet for longer than 3 minutes. Sugar. It's a powerful thing.




Wine Selection: Tapteil Merlot (2004)
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: Very well-balanced merlot with soft tannins. I thought it was a bit more on the acidic side than most merlots I've tasted. But I really enjoyed this wine.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

I'd be afraid too if someone told me that I caused confusion and delay.

July 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771