Can't live with us. Can't live without us.
Friday, July 31, 2009

In the car today on our way to pick Eric up from work, Avery had quite a monster of a story to tell. Wyatt--the great big brother that he is-- humored her by sitting quietly in his car seat, listening intently while she talked, and talked, and talked--waving her arms excitedly while placing the cutest inflections on her words (every third one of which made any sense at all).

After several minutes of this never-ending, one-sided conversation between Avery and Wyatt, I checked the rear-view mirror to assess Wyatt's expression only to discover that he had fallen asleep!

Oh, poor Avery. I'm afraid you've inherited that trait from me--boring the men in our lives to sleep with our incessant rambling. Trust me, you'll thank me later.


When she isn't executing lengthy monologues, she enjoys helping her daddy work on his bike. He's gearing up for the MS-150 this weekend, and everything must be tuned to perfection. I wonder if this would be a good time to tell him about the nuts and bolts I found in her pockets.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771