Finally....a science project I can handle.
Saturday, July 25, 2009

During our visit to the Seattle Aquarium in April, I picked up a few sea creatures. Well, not real ones of course; that would be dee-sgusting! From the gift shop. You know, the little rubber ones that grow up to 600% larger when you submerge them in water. I used to love them as a kid, and apparently, they're still a big hit.


So far, we've grown a seahorse and a shark. Each morning, Wyatt would scurry to the countertop looking for the over-sized, recycled SKIPPY container which housed his growing sea creature. And after assessing how much it had grown overnight, he'd let out an excited, "Whoa-ho-ho!".

Shark (before)


Shark (after)

Science. It's the coolest.



Wine Selection: Hightower Merlot 2006
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: This wine came from one of our favorite wineries in the tri-cities (WA) area. It's a pretty good merlot, but it doesn't compare to the 2005 Red Mountain Red Wine we had to pass up becuase it was going for fifty bucks a bottle.

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771