New Adventures in Writing
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

With the encouragement of my good friend, Shelly, I have enrolled in an online creative writing class, which started today. When I logged on this morning I was asked to take a pre-test to assess my knowledge of the course content. Of the 12 true/false questions, I missed one. This one.

To perfect the skills of a creative writer, you must write every day.


I answered FALSE, partially because that's what I really wanted the answer to be, and partially because--in all of my years of higher education--I learned that questions including the words always, never, or must generally call for a response of FALSE. Apparently, that "rule" failed me today. Considering it has been over a week now since my last blog post, I'm wondering if I'm up to the task. Seriously. Every day? What on earth did I just get myself into?

Well, here goes nothin'.






4 Comments:
Anonymous Sarah had this to say:

Catrina, that is SO exciting! I miss creative writing so much. I know that I am able to express myself and write to my heart's content on my blog, but I sometimes really long for the good old days of Mr. Vollertsen's creative writing classes! Can't wait to hear the blow by blow of the class :)

July 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM 


Anonymous Lindsay Maddox had this to say:

How exciting, Catrina! And really, whoever came up with that true/false obviously doesn't have 2 small kids running around. ;)

July 15, 2009 at 5:08 PM 


Blogger Annie had this to say:

I'm going to be a blog stalker now and make sure you write everyday! Where did you find an online course? I'd like to take that course...

July 16, 2009 at 10:29 AM 


Anonymous Michelle had this to say:

This is so cool! I can't wait to get a first edition of your book someday and say, " I knew you when..." Good luck with the class!

July 16, 2009 at 9:44 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771