Two Going On Fifteen
Wednesday, July 22, 2009




I loathe--no wait--I despise talking on the telephone. Most know this about me and are hardly surprised when their calls are directly forwarded to my voicemail. They are equally not surprised when I fail to return phone calls after two weeks. Sad, but true. Perhaps I'd enjoy the blasted thing more if I had even the slightest capability to multi-task, which sadly, I do not.

My daughter, on the other hand, is a phone-talking multi-tasking machine. Don't ask me where she gets it. After all, determining who is going to call in the pizza on a Friday night can cause quite a rift in our household (which thankfully doesn't happen nearly as often, thanks to online pizza ordering...YES!). Anyway, I got the biggest kick out of eavesdropping on one of Avery's pretend phone conversations last night to her big bro. Between Vacation Bible School last week and Track n Field camp this week, Avery has been missing her "bubba" so much lately. While I found her conversation quite endearing, I was mostly impressed with her ability to simultaneously carry on a conversation while creating art (yes, I do consider green circles and scribbles art). She's quite a natural. Perhaps she can teach me a thing or two.







Wine Selection: Portteus Sangiovese 2007
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: I did not enjoy this wine very much, although I didn't try it with food. I think Eric liked it more than I did.

Labels:






4 Comments:
Blogger Carmen had this to say:

Cute! Is she gonna be a lefty?

July 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM 


Blogger Carmen had this to say:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Oh, Carmen. I knew you'd catch that!

July 22, 2009 at 5:12 PM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

Avery is just adorable! I loved that video. Wish we could get her and Clara together for some girl-talk - would be fun to see and hear.

July 25, 2009 at 9:46 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771