Yellow Chair Photography
Tuesday, July 7, 2009


A friend of mine that I graduated with from high school is a professional photographer in Tulsa. Her name is Sarah Adams and you can find her at Yellow Chair Photography. I have always admired her modern photography style and knew, at some point, I would love to have her photograph Wyatt and Avery. During our impromptu visit to Tulsa in May, I called her up at the last minute and she worked us in to her crazy spring schedule!

To say the kids were uncooperative is an understatement. Wyatt decided to be a grump while Avery opted to play "koala", with me as the tree she clung to as her life depended on it. To be honest, I had absolutely no expectations when the session was over and really didn't give it another thought until Sarah emailed me the images a couple of weeks later. I was pleasantly surprised at what she ended up pulling out her magician's hat!

(click on photos to enlarge)










Great job, Sarah! Thanks for working us into your busy schedule. Maybe next time we can get some shots of the entire family!



Wine Selection: Maryhill Sangiovese (2005 Reserve)
Personal Rating: ****Good****
Comments: Maryhill Winery has been voted 2009's Washington Winery of the Year. It's located in the Columbia River Gorge, and offers some amazing views. This was one of the best winery's we visited last month. The wines we tried were very good, and this reserve sangiovese is actually great with food. The winery hosts a summer concert series, so it may just be another excuse to get us back out there.






2 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

What great photos!!!! Their bright blue eyes are so beautiful! I would love to have some artsy candid pics of my kids!

July 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Those turned out great! We are getting family pictures on Saturday outside and I am super worried about how they will turn out!

July 7, 2009 at 6:21 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771