It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...
Saturday, August 8, 2009

SUPERMAN!!
If only superherodom was so cut and dry
in
the creative mind of an almost 4-year-old.

To say Wyatt has been on a superhero kick would be an understatement of the severest degree. One thing I've learned about Wyatt over the past 4 years is that he does nothing unless it can be executed with the utmost intensity and passion. And because our budget doesn't afford Wyatt the luxuries of fancy capes, head gear, and masks, he must do what kids do best and improvise in his efforts to transform into his favorite crime-fighting, web-throwing action figures. And improvise he does.

Meet Spider "monkey" man.




Or how about Wonder "deep sea diving" Dog.



Then there's the infamous Bat Boy.

...with his infamous bat truck


And my personal favorite, which I like to call Super "freak".


Watching Wyatt get into character is one of our greatest forms of entertainment. He takes it so seriously, as he should; transforming into a superhero is no laughing matter. He is convinced that his hooded puppy dog bath towel is indeed a bat cape and no one could ever convince him otherwise (nor would we ever dare). His bat costume also requires no clothing, save whatever pair of underwear he happens to be obsessed with at the moment. Seriously. He will not don his "bat cape" fully clothed. In his mind, it's simply unacceptable and not to be tolerated.

He leaps from couch to chair to floor in a single bound without ever breaking character, and will often recruit Avery to help act out his skits (and she happily obliges). She is usually assigned the role of Robin, but as of late, she has been promoted to the role of Commissioner (which just sounds so funny rolling off the tongue of a 4-year-old, and even funnier when Avery attempts it).


Wine Selection: Maryhill Syrah 2005
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: I also bought Maryhill's Reserve Syrah on our wine-tasting trip in June. I'm anxious to compare.






1 Comments:
Blogger Shelly had this to say:

Oh how I love a little glimpse into the mind of Wyatt Edgar.

August 28, 2009 at 10:07 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771