Shear Delight
Thursday, August 20, 2009

If I had been titling this post for Wyatt's first haircut, it would read something like Blood, Sweat, and Shears because to him, going in for a haircut is like going in for a root canal. But Avery, being the girly girl she is, realizes the beauty of being pampered. So it's not surprising that her first salon experience was anything less than simply divine.

Given my own track record for undergoing drastic transformations at the hair salon, I think Eric may have been a bit apprehensive about me taking Avery in for her first haircut without him. "Maybe I should go too, " he suggested. "What? You don't trust me?," I thought about adding. But then again, I already knew his answer.

As tempted as I was to have the hair stylist put in a few chunky highlights, I resisted, and just settled for a measly trim. Not my idea of a good time, but hey, we're just getting started right? We'll save the cute little bob and color processing for the next go round (I'm envisioning the beads of sweat just starting to form above Eric's brow as he reads this. Ha! I'm so mean).

Bed Head



The little boy next to Avery was also in for his first haircut and was angrily flopping around like a fish out of water. I felt so bad for his mom because I know what it's like. Wyatt is almost four, and I still have to hold him down when the little buzz clippers come out. But for once, I was just thrilled to pieces that it wasn't my child turning the air blue with protest.

She looks like she's crying, but she's just grimacing. It was her first experience with the hair dryer. And check out the red! I need to get me one of those. Talk about hot!


Ta-da!






2 Comments:
Blogger Carmen had this to say:

she looks like a mini-Catrina in the last picture.

August 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

So cute!! Avery looks beautiful :) Clara will not be nearly as happy to get this done. Cute post Catrina!

August 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771