Costume Chaos
Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Saturday night we went to a Halloween party.

Thirty minutes before the festivities commenced, everything was running quite smoothly. The car was packed with everything we needed for the party. Toys? Check. My costume? Check. Chips and dip? Check. Camera? Check. Wyatt adorned head-to-toe in Batman gear? Check.

We were ready to go, and on time at that. Except for one...uh...minor thing.

Avery was still inside the house dressed in only a diaper. For the past week, we'd been trying to convince her to at least try on her adorable, black pleather Batgirl costume and were given a big fat thumbs down each and every time. I knew I had my work cut out for me if I planned on bringing her to the party in costume. Oh, if only I could wiggle my nose like Samantha in Bewitched and be done with it. If only.

Two minutes and one Batgirl transformation later...absolute mayhem. But every party must have a couple of poopers, right? Yeah...that's us.



Sure. Some of you are thinking, Man! What a witch. Well, okay. I'll give you that.


But the experience wasn't nearly as traumatic as it appeared. Besides, sometimes kids just need a little push in the right direction. Sure enough, both kids were joyfully lapping up their lollipops all the way to the party, and Avery went on and on (between sniffles) about how much she loved (sniff) her (sniff) Batgirl (sniff) costume (sniff, sniff).

The dynamic bat duo...



on their way to save the city...



...from purple balloon grenades launched by The Joker.



Nothing like curling up in Daddy's arms after a hard day's work.






3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

They sure do generate some hilarious stories! Glad you had a fun Halloween despite the melt down prior to the party! Love ya! ~~Sara

October 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM 


Blogger Grandma had this to say:

Oh! Catrina it just breaks my heart to hear them cry like that. Why can't you just give in and let them have their way:(

November 9, 2009 at 6:16 PM 


Blogger Sara Seratte Jansen had this to say:

I've watched their crying fit on here at least 4 times now!!!! I'm preparing myself for what will come in MY household....haha! I still laugh seeing Wyatt hiding in the closet crying! :)

November 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771