T minus 16 days and counting...
Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween is without a doubt Wyatt's favorite holiday. He has been obsessing about it since March, spending countless hours browsing costumes online, and performing intense physical drills with the hope that they will enable him to trick or treat every single house within a 5-mile radius on Halloween night.

He's shaken hands with all of the neighborhood scarecrows, admired pumpkins on beds of straw, and wondered aloud if they would bear faces silly or mean, or simply remain without flaw.

It's a time of year when the light of the moon gives way to bats with blood-drenched fangs, ghosts dancing in the whistling winds, and eerie encounters with black cats or other ghoulish gangs.

Halloween embodies both playfulness and frightfulness, and for our little man of extremes, it is indeed a match made in heaven.


Wyatt's jack-o-lantern debut






2 Comments:
Blogger igfhsi98 had this to say:

This made me laugh out loud! What fun it seems to watch your child become so incredibly excited over holidays. I truly hope this Halloween is everything he anticipates and more. Have fun!

October 15, 2009 at 7:19 PM 


Anonymous Candace Harney had this to say:

You are a great writer. I have a little Halloween lover myself. She loves ghosts and goblins and of course Wizards! How funny! I hope that you guys have a great one.

October 17, 2009 at 3:22 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771