Holiday Express Train
Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Now that the rainy season is underway, opportunities to get outside and play with friends are few and far between. Occasionally, Wyatt will mope around and stare out the window. There's part of me that thinks he just wants to go play, but deep down I know he longs to see his favorite gal pal and neighbor, Carina. During the summer months they play almost every day, but weeks can go by during the winter when their only interaction is a friendly wave as they drive by our house on the way to work or school. So, we thought we'd surprise Wyatt and Avery by taking Carina on the Holiday Express Train with us.


We made arrangements to pick Carina up from school. The kids were so excited to be riding in the same car that none of them had a single word to say about it. The silence was actually quite deafening. But the smiles on their faces said more than enough. Finally, as we're pulling out of the parking lot, Wyatt breaks the ice. "You look very pretty, Carina." Now, Wyatt is just about as boy as they come, but he sure does know how to make a lady feel special. And I'm proud to say he learned it by watching his daddy.

Girls...they just like to hug.



and be hugged.

The train ride was about 45 minutes, and once Santa made his appearance and gifted all of the kids with candy canes, they were pretty much ready to move on to something else. I think the anticipation of riding the train was much more exciting than actually riding it.


But Wyatt passed the time by conversing with his own reflection, and even gave himself a kiss.


He must think very highly of himself.

Rascal.






1 Comments:
Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

What fun times!

December 17, 2009 at 11:15 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771