Snippity Snip
Saturday, December 12, 2009

Now I don't have any scientific data to back up this claim, but I feel fairly confident in saying that most men prefer long hair on a woman, whether it actually compliments her or not. I once read in a magazine that men feel long hair on a woman suggests that she takes more pride in her appearance than, say, a woman with a nice bob. I chuckle at this only because, from my own experience, long hair just makes it easier to pull back into a ponytail or bun on days when I just don't feel like fixing it, which pretty much ends up being every day. Shoot, my kids may as well start calling me Granny.

My husband has historically been lumped into this group of most--pleading with me as I'd walk out the door to a hair appointment not to do anything drastic (i.e. Cut my hair short. Or color it purple. Both would've been equally devastating). But as of late, my hair has grown so ridiculously long that the first words out of Eric's mouth as he walks through the door from work have been, "Oh my gosh. Your hair is way too long," which basically translates into Honey, you're looking a little bit like Chewbacca and it's starting to freak me out.


Really...what's not attractive about this?


Needless to say, I got his blessing to pretty much chop it off. And boy, when I get that kind of freedom--look out world!--I take full advantage. So I spent three hours at the salon today ridding myself of the rats nest atop my head, trying to decide if a splash of purple would be pushing it. Pushing it, indeed.

Here's what my fabulous new husband-approved stylist came up with:

I never thought losing one pound could be so easy.


Note: I realize I haven't reviewed any wines in a while. Truth is, I haven't been drinking much of anything new. Besides, all of the wonderful fall micro-brews turned me on to beer for a while. But I'm sure my wine consumption will pick back up in a few weeks. After all, how else do you expect me to make it through another rainy winter in the pacific northwest? C'mon. It's a joke.






5 Comments:
Anonymous Mina had this to say:

Love the new do! Super cute, sleek and sexy!
Mina

December 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Your new cut looks great!

December 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Love it! I can't wait to see it in person!

December 12, 2009 at 9:17 PM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

Your hair is so pretty and shiny!! Love your Christmas card!

December 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

So cute! I love your new cut!

....And don't knock purple to hard. I have dr. pepper red in mine and have received numerous compliments from men and women. :)

December 17, 2009 at 11:22 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771