Valentine Tea
Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just prior to my little getaway last weekend (which went very well, by the way--despite getting delayed in Denver one night and half of the next day), Avery was invited to her first real valentine tea party. She was so excited about it that she took every opportunity to tell everyone (including random strangers at the grocery store) about her special plans with her dear friend, Maggie Jane.


She spent a great deal of time selecting the perfect party dress. I suggested one, but she had her heart set on another. It was obvious she had put a lot of thought into her tea party attire and I wasn't about to interfere. After all, it's not every day the girl gets to wear tights and sparkly shoes.

Each guest was gifted with a gorgeous flowered hat, just perfect for a tea party. Avery looked so sophisticatedly adorable! Well, at least for the...oh...30 seconds I managed to get her to wear it.

The hat may not have gone over so well, but the dainty little tea cups were a huge hit. She sipped, and sipped, and sipped. And when her peppermint tea was all gone, she asked for more. I was actually quite surprised at how adventurous she was being with her beverage, seeing how it's nearly impossible to get her to experiment with anything outside the realm of milk or apple juice. Amused, she later admitted she didn't actually like the taste of the tea, but it was apparently a small price to pay for the chance to sip from such a fine little piece of china. That's my girl.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can get one of those hats in my size.






1 Comments:
Anonymous Mina had this to say:

This is why I LOVE having a girl! They have the cutest and sweetest things. What a cutie pie Avery is!
Mina

February 18, 2010 at 11:39 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771