Weekend Getaway for Mommy
Friday, February 12, 2010

In seven hours, I will be boarding a plane in route to Tulsa for three glorious days. Alone. With only a book (or two) and my iPod to keep me company. I can't even begin to imagine the paradise which awaits.

What I can only imagine is what the next few days holds for my husband, his first 3-day tour of Daddy Duty, and I can't help but be amused. He's ready for the task though, with trips to area donut and ice cream shops already on the itinerary. He's determined to distract them from any thoughts that may include missing their mama. He also promised Wyatt that one night they'd stay up all night long, just the two of them. I'm starting to wonder what price I am paying for a weekend away.

With everything seemingly under control, Eric admitted only a single worry for the upcoming weekend alone. Fixing Avery's hair.

You mean this mess? Yeah, I'd be worried too.

I'm so excited about my weekend bathing in the vast sea of granite, tile, paint, and cabinetry. But I've never spent a single night away from my kids. There's part of me that just wants to chicken out so I can tuck my kids into bed tonight, but the overwhelming majority tells me I'll get over it.

But I sure will miss this face.


And this one.

And even this one.


But maybe not this one. I need a little break from this one.


Although she sure can be cute when she's whiny. She knows how to use those baby blues to her advantage.






3 Comments:
Blogger Lori had this to say:

You can borrow anyone or all of my three. :) Enjoy your time!!

February 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

Have a really great time!

February 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Hope you had a nice relaxing trip!

February 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771