I forgot to knock on wood.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010



I'm pretty sure it cured her of climbing on Wyatt's dresser. Ever. Again.


Avery. She's a cute one, but boy is she hard-headed.

Just 4 hours after publishing my previous post, I met a distraught Avery in the hallway as she ran out of Wyatt's room crying inconsolably, anxiously clutching her limp arm. Here we go again...

I couldn't understand what she was trying to tell me, but I could make out enough to know she had gone back and done the very thing I had cautioned her against time and time again. That's the great thing about kids her age. They're very good at telling on themselves.

So much for the office-visit copay. It was after hours, which only meant one thing. A trip to the Emergency Room. Not just to fix her arm, but to get a lesson on how Mom and Dad can perform the maneuver at home because now that it's happened twice, it can happen much more frequently. Ewww. This is NOT what a signed up for when becoming a parent. I can do blood. But broken bones? No thanks.

To help her ligaments heal, they sent Avery home in a splint.


Surprisingly, she thinks it's a neat accessory and doesn't want to take it off. Fine by me. I'm not looking forward to popping in bones back in place any time soon.






4 Comments:
Blogger The Walrus had this to say:

I think my left elbow was the one that always gave me problems when I was younger, too. Then it became my shoulder, and then my knees. The it became my shoulder again when I try to throw a baseball. Unfortunately for you, she might have this for a while. She'll largely grow out of it...around 20.

It must be an Edgar thing...though Eric never had a problem with loose joints. He just broke bones.

March 17, 2010 at 11:11 AM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe it!! That is awful! But I love the way you tell it! I accidently pulled Lacey's arm out of socket once and it was so sad! Especially watching the doctor pop it back in. Good luck, it sounds like she inherited Eric's sense of adventure too!

March 17, 2010 at 1:18 PM 


Anonymous LindsayM had this to say:

Ew. Ew. Ew. Don't ask me why, but all I can picture is that scene in Harry Potter where the wizard dude accidentally removes all the bones from Harry's arm after he falls off his broom.

I agree. Blood, fine. Broken limbs?! Aaaaah!

March 17, 2010 at 5:09 PM 


Blogger Grandma had this to say:

Oh! no! I will give her a couple days and she will want that off. I have had a few broken bones. I'm feeling it now. Lets make this her last one. She looks cute in yellow though. ha!

March 25, 2010 at 7:49 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771