Just another manic Monday
Monday, March 15, 2010

We started our morning bright and early with an unexpected trip to the pediatrician's office. Avery wasted no time in briefing the doctor on the reason for our visit:

"My name Avery Sierra.
I climb on Wyatt's dresser and fall down and hurt my arm.
I here to fix my bones."


God definitely gave her the gift of gab.

But yes, we were there to fix her bones. Turns out she dislocated her elbow. I'm pretty sure it cured her of climbing on Wyatt's dresser. Ever. Again.

The doctor popped it back into place, and I'm not sure who cried louder, Avery or Wyatt. He didn't quite like the fact that Avery was getting so much attention. He carried on and on to the doctor about the boo boo on his toe while Avery's radius was being snapped into its socket. If he only knew.

Throwing her arms up in celebration of being healed...



...while Wyatt tried to milk every last ounce of
sympathy for the scrape on his toe.
Poor little pitiful soul.


It could've been much, much worse. So for a dislocated elbow (and only an office visit copay), I am grateful.

We finished up at the clinic just in time to meet Eric for lunch. And Wyatt shouted in glee and danced a little jig at the mere suggestion of taking a ride on the aerial tram that travels from the hospital to the South Waterfront. Apparently, his boo boo felt much better.


Boarding the tram




Departing the station, with a gorgeous view of Mt. St. Helens in the background.




A slightly different angle yields a view of an equally impressive Mt. Hood
(Hip, hip, hooray for clear skies!)






5 Comments:
Blogger Shelly had this to say:

Thats aweful! Yet funny.

March 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Poor thing! Although I love that doctor visit story. This must be the time for injured girls....Lyla broke her leg last week!

March 15, 2010 at 7:58 PM 


Blogger Grandma had this to say:

Catrina do you remember sliding down, I mean falling down a slide in Moffett and fracturing your arm. You were 3.

March 16, 2010 at 7:19 AM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Oh,man! I can't believe that she was able to carry on a conversation with a dislocated elbow!!! Can you believe that Sienna broke her arm and Avery dislocated her elbow within a month of each other?!?!?! Must be their age!!!! Glad she's doing better. Sienna goes in for her 4 week x-rays tomorrow...praying it's healed correctly! Miss you!

March 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM 


Blogger Carmen had this to say:

Oh Catrina, what a funny story about Wyatt. It must be a two year old thing. Hayden was barely two when he broke his arm. Glad to hear it wasnt any worse for our sweet Avery!

March 17, 2010 at 6:43 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771