You've Got Mail
Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I don't know what it is about Tuesday, but the Postman always seems to deliver the most exciting mail on this day, unlike Monday, which may as well be renamed "Junkday". For example, yesterday we received a letter (amidst the plethora of coupons) from the US Census Bureau informing us that they will be mailing out the census questionnaire next week. How's that for exciting? And resourceful, I might add. I'm sure it will most certainly be the highlight of next Junkday. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled in anticipation.

But Tuesday is an entirely different postal experience all together. There's nothing like being hand-delivered a piece of mail that has the word OFFICIAL stamped all over it. Today was one of those days.


It's official, indeed. Eric may now legally practice medicine in the State of Oklahoma. This is one mighty expensive piece of paper that he has been dutifully working towards for the past 10 years. Don't think for a second we won't be getting this thing framed in gold.






3 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

That's awesome! Congrats!

March 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

I just showed Alex Eric's certificate and he is so mad! He just got his from Texas and it is so little and is on typing paper! Ha ha too funny!

I got the "save the date" paper from the Census today too. I already marked the calendar in anticipation! (whatever)

March 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

YAY!!! I have yet to frame Ryan's certs in gold....maybe I can do that after I find a gold mine.

Congrats to both of you - that's an incredible achievement indeed!

March 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771