Grandparents, this one's for you!
Friday, April 2, 2010

I fear that if I don't get pegging away on the keyboard soon, the subtle hints regarding lack of blog activity may soon evolve into death threats by grandparents eager to stay abreast of the most recent shenanigans of certain little people occupying our house . Since it's never a good idea to upset the people you plan on hitting up for a boatload of babysitting in the foreseeable future (ah...the benefits of moving back home), I figured it would be worthwhile to post a few pictures to add to the office brag book.

Pretty in Pigtails

Aside from wearing clothes which are clearly outdated (we abide by the if it fits you wear it philosophy), Avery has fallen head over heels for Dora and her monkey sidekick, Boots. She has memorized every word (no exaggeration) in Dora Saves the Mermaids as well as Dora Saves the Snow Princess. She quotes lines from Dora like Eric quotes lines from Tombstone. Must be a genetic thing.

She's also learning to read right along with her bro. Well, she only knows one word, but hey, it's a start. Ask her how to spell STOP, and with her sweet, two-year-old voice, she'll confidently recite, "S-T-O-P!" I see spelling bees in this girl's future. Hopefully she won't falter on the word MOUNTAIN like her mom did. Stop laughing, Eric.

Now.

I mean it.

Since when did they put a "U" in MOUNTAIN, anyway?

Strangely enough, Avery is also fascinated right now with toe lint. Oh yes. She is. And she loves to broadcast her findings to anyone who might listen (usually Wyatt). Apparently, I need to make a better effort in getting her in the bathtub more frequently. I'll admit though, as a mom to two really young kids, I have bigger fish to fry. I mean, if it keeps her occupied long enough for me to make dinner, then so be it. We'll conquer personal hygiene at age three.



As for this guy, he's making all of his daddy's dreams come true in becoming quite the little outdoorsman. The boys went camping last weekend, and it was so cold one morning (14 degrees to be exact) that Eric just scooped him up out of tent--all cozy in his cocoon--and straight into his car seat. And there was nary a protest. I'm thrilled he has such a great time sleeping on the cold hard ground with his dad. It takes some of the pressure off of me! I'll take my fluffy pillow-top mattress, please.

Wyatt may be dabbling a bit in this new hobby, but don't worry, he has no plans to quit his day job. He's still very much active in his role as the friendly neighborhood Spiderman and shows no signs of hanging up his boots.


That's about it, in a nutshell. There will likely be more exciting posts in the near future, as our schedule is jam-packed with activities that we need to get in before we move. Just three more months!






1 Comments:
Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

I have been wondering about you and your family!! Cute pictures!

April 3, 2010 at 10:43 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771