Boredom
Thursday, May 6, 2010

You know the saying. April showers bring May showers.

Oh, that's not it?

Well it is around here.

In the land of precipitation.

Rain, drizzle, hail, and even thundersnow (there really is such a thing). We've seen it all this Spring. Who ever would've thought precip could be so exciting?

Being cooped up indoors for so many days and weeks at a time has really taken its toll on all of us, but unfortunately, Avery has drawn the shortest end of the stick because, well, she has hair. Hair that can be played with by a mommy looking for something to do.

Besides laundry.


Voila!
I call this masterpiece, The Debacle of Braids.



I'm always looking for ways to experiment with Avery's hair, for it's truly a monstrosity with all of the random cowlicks atop her head. I thought maybe adding a little body to it would do the trick.

Cute. But not worth the effort.

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

And please don't come again another day.

For Avery's sake.

Her mother may be forced to go Pippi Longstocking on that sweet little head of hers.













1 Comments:
Blogger Sara Seratte Jansen had this to say:

The braids are cute! So I take it she didn't get your thick, wavy hair? Hers looks pretty straight. Poor cowlicks!

May 15, 2010 at 8:21 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771