Grasshead Harry
Monday, May 24, 2010

Grasshead Harry. Sort of sounds like a name for a rock band.

Or, in our case, a preschool horticulture project.

Meet Harry.


He came to us as bald as a newborn baby about 3 weeks ago, and we have since been diligently watering, checking for progress, watering, and checking for progress.

And...Nothin'.

I feared Wyatt had, in typical Wyatt fashion, picked the dud head. Then one day, surprisingly, Harry sprouted his first bright green blade of grassy hair. Two days later, he had enough to braid into pigtails (Oh trust me, I've been so tempted).



We've grown quite fond of Grasshead Harry over the past few weeks. I'm nostalgically reminded of a time during my childhood when all I ever wanted in life was my very own Chia Pet.

I never got one.

Needless to say, Harry and I have a special bond. It's going to be really hard to chuck him into the garbage in a few days.

(If you're interested in making a Grasshead Harry of your very own, you can find instructions here.)

*********************

Oh, and for any fellow Chia followers out there, you'll be excited to learn about the new ObamaChia.



Hurry and get your own, while supplies last.






2 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Ooh, is this the cup of dirt that Eric was asking about? Who knew it would turn into something so very fetching....

May 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Actually, Rach, Eric was referring to a different cup of dirt in which Wyatt had planted Marigold seeds. It sadly did not make it. Not enough sunlight. In Oregon? Go figure. Grass is much easier to grow around here, where water is plentiful!

May 24, 2010 at 8:16 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771