School's Out!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Well we survived our first year of preschool. And I say "we" because it truly was as much of a learning experience for me as it was for Wyatt. I learned that getting the kids out of bed, dressed, fed, and out the door by 8:45 two mornings per week could sometimes prove to be an insurmountable task. I cannot even begin to imagine how we'll manage when the tardy bell rings at 8:05 every. single. day. Lord, help me now.

I also learned that the process of selecting the "right" school for my child in the beginning was only half the battle. Keeping him from getting kicked out of it was a completely different challenge all together. Needless to say, Wyatt went through a few rough patches over the course of the year. But together, we triumphed. And finally, by the last month of the school year, we seemed to have it all figured out. Naturally.

Next year, he'll be in a new school with a new teacher and new friends. I think we're both excited for a fresh start. I just hope his new teacher, whomever she may be, is enjoying her summer because next fall, Hurricane Wyatt's coming to town. Bless her little preschool lovin' heart.

On the last day of school this year, his teacher presented each parent with an envelope containing pictures they had taken throughout the year. And here are a few of my favorites:

Police Officer, Pinhead
(the kid has the smallest head known to man)


I hope they were smart enough not to give this builder a saw


Playing Venom on the playground.
The ultimate cootie repellent.



Wait, I spoke too soon.
This hairdo is the ultimate cootie repellent.



Now, here's my sweet angel

Even though Wyatt can often be misunderstood, I know his heart (a mommy always does). He loves people, but what he loves most is to keep them on their toes. And boy, he's really good at what he does. He'll always be an A+ in my book.







4 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Great post! I hope the new school turns out great. Did you end up picking a Montessori? I'm sending Nathan to a Mother's day out program in the fall 2 days a week and I'm already stressing out about it!

June 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Courtney, we decided against Montessori for several reasons. We'd really like him to stay in public school, so we're going to see how he does in the Pre-K program in Sand Springs. It could be that he just really wasn't happy in his school this year. So, we'll see. I'm sure Nathan will do great in MDO, and it will be a nice break for you too!

June 8, 2010 at 10:57 PM 


Blogger Shelly had this to say:

I love reading your posts because I always laugh out loud. Thank you!

I'm not sure what is more frightening, the personality portrait you have painted for the beloved hurricane, or the fact that my daughter loves his personality. Eitherway - he has our hearts!

June 9, 2010 at 11:22 PM 


Blogger Grandma had this to say:

My grandson is very versatile isn't he, never a dull moment. I particularly like the family picture, those are rare aren't they.Stay tuned for coming attractions in Sand Springs:)

June 13, 2010 at 4:08 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771