The Road Trip Has Commenced!
Sunday, July 4, 2010

Well, we've survived our first 24 hours of being homeless and jobless. But hey, at least we're at the beach! We plan to enjoy the 4th of July festivities in the little southern coastal town of Bandon, Oregon before heading to Oregon Caves National Monument tomorrow.

The move went well, considering we had more junk than we could cram into our POD. Fortunately the guys at 1-800-GOT JUNK were able to come to our rescue in only a moments notice. So I had to say goodbye (and good riddance) to that dining room table I loved so much that was nearly falling apart, and all of our 15-year-old cookware with cracks and chips in them. I'm sorry to say I was thrilled to see them go! Of everyone, Wyatt took the move the hardest. He sobbed over his trains (that he never plays with anymore) as our POD departed the driveway.


I hope to get the hang of this whole mobile blogging concept so we can update regularly throughout our trip.

Happy Independence Day!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771