Wyatt's "Fairy" Special Visitor
Saturday, October 23, 2010

Since Wednesday, I've spent every waking hour with the kids because they're out of school on fall break--a break obviously intended for the teachers (which they absolutely deserve, I might add) because it seems as though the only "break" we're experiencing around our house is of the mental variety. You know, the kind which usually involves a lot of "Mommy, he's looking at me!", "Mommy, she's bothering me!", and "Mommy, I had it first!" Needless to say, Mommy has no hair left on her head.

Fortunately, however, I had a small window of opportunity to meet an old friend for dinner last night, when after being gone for only an hour (an HOUR!) I received this photo message from Eric:


Wyatt had lost his first tooth. And I missed it. Dagnabit!

But I heard all about it bright and early this morning as I awoke before 6AM to a tap, tap, tapping on my shoulder and a gleeful Wyatt sporting his toothless grin and the loot he scored from the Tooth Fairy. Let me tell ya, this boy is on top of the world right now.



He's most excited about joining the ranks of the three other kids in his class who have lost teeth, even though he still says he needs to lose one more if he wants to be up there with one of his class buddies. Ugh...the life of an Edgar. Always competitive. Never satisfied.

Each day seems to bring Wyatt closer and closer to achieving the big boy status he so desperately desires. He recently celebrated his fifth birthday, got to ride the school bus for the very first time, and his world is expanding exponentially before his very eyes as he learns that every letter makes a sound. My boy is definitely not a baby anymore. It's at this time I'd like to politely put in my request for time to stand still. I don't think I'm ready for all of this quite yet.


And as he was flashing around the dollar bills the Tooth Fairy so generously left him under his pillow, he expressed disappointment in not being able to see her in person so he could thank her for leaving him the money. Then he proceeded to give one away to his sister. Then my heart turned to mush.

He is indeed my sweet little toothless boy.






2 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Aw! That's so sweet he gave one to Avery!

October 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Surely our boys aren't old enough to be LOSING TEETH! Wow. How very exciting for Wyatt. I love that he wanted to thank the tooth fairy in person... that's too cute.

Isn't it ironic that we spend all day with our kids but the second we leave, that's when the milestones occur.

October 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771