Life is about to get a little more interesting.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just when I thought our family was complete...

Just when I thought poop detail was a thing of the past...

Just when I thought my wardrobe was no longer in danger of being contaminated by the bodily fluids of others...

We decide to get a pet. But not just any pet. A dog. A big dog. One that will inevitably shed hair all over my new furniture, scratch up my new hardwood floors, and sniff the crotch of every guest who walks through our door. Needless to say, while I have finally given my consent to welcoming a family pet into our home, it was a decision made with a great deal of trepidation. Until yesterday.

Until yesterday, it was just a dog. An extra mouth to feed. Another body to bathe. A boundless ball of energy to add to the already chaotic state of our household. I've been exhausted just thinking about all of the responsibilities that come with having a pet. And the fact that our new canine friend will never-- I repeat, NEVER-- learn to use the toilet. Meaning poop detail is long from being a thing of the past for yours truly.

Then, we got the news that Sugar Bear had delivered her pups.

And everything changed.

Wyatt: "Mommy, I want them ALL!"

Today I see a brand new life. An emerging personality. One that will completely change the dynamic of our household for years to come. Today I see a best friend for Wyatt and Avery, a hunting companion for Eric, and a running partner for me. Yes, somewhere in that heaping pile of yapping pups is our Josie.

It's going to be hard work, I know. This is brand new territory for us. But some of the greatest things in life aren't met with ease, I suppose. It's going to be an exciting journey, and who knows, it may just inspire me to invent the world's first doggy toilet. Or personalized poop scoops for the kids.

Stay tuned for Josie's debut sometime in late March.

"It's just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn't it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal." John Grogan, Marley & Me.






2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hayley wants them all too!!! We like the name and can't wait to meet her.

February 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

You are a brave mama. As much as I love dogs, all I see right now is work, work, and more extra work. So Spencer and I have a firm agreement that he can get as many dogs as he wants... when he's 23 and has his own house.

February 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771