Josie's Homecoming!
Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's not every day a five-year-old boy has the best day of his life. In fact, it's only happened to Wyatt once. And that day was today, when we brought home our first family pet--a rambunctious yellow lab pup who will (hopefully someday soon) answer to the name of Josie. Seven hours into the new living arrangement, however, I wouldn't be surprised if she thinks her name is "NO!"

But she's a cute little rascal, if I do say so myself.

And Josie's not bad either.

All I can really say right now is so far so good. We gave the kids one responsibility for the day, which was to wear her out.

Mission accomplished. And it only took about one hour.

If only they took to cleaning their rooms as seriously...


Soon thereafter, Josie was pretty much begging for sleep.


And that's what she's been doing since.

Let's hope it continues the rest of the night.

Personally, I'm a bit surprised just how much she's grown on me so far. She even pooped on my floor and I didn't threaten to send her back. If it had been one of the kids, they'd have been a goner for sure.

We're happy to have her with us and looking forward to the joy she'll bring to our family. Once she stops pooping on my floor.

Welcome, Josie Sugarplum Cupcake Sprinkles Edgar!
(We'll just call her Josie, for short).






3 Comments:
Anonymous Brenda had this to say:

I can remember bringing Sadie home 10 years ago. She cried for three nights straight and she too pooped on my floor...a lot.

OK, now for the cheesy part. A dog will love your family unconditionally. She will be there to play with you when you're happy and comfort you when you're sad. Sadie would always come over to me and put her head on my lap when I was sick as if she were saying, "I hope you get better soon." Whenever someone new was around she would sit on my feet to either protect me, have me protect her or a little bit of both.

Much like a newborn, enjoy every agonizing moment of pooping, crying, chewing, etc. because they grow up too fast!

March 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM 


Anonymous Mina had this to say:

So cute, Catrina!! Jason and I want to get a little pup now...maybe next year!
Hugs,
Mina

March 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM 


Blogger Sara Seratte Jansen had this to say:

Will would be so envious to see these photos. He is soooo over cats and really wants a dog! Can't wait to meet Josie next time we're in town (hopefully that'll be June/July)!

April 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771