Please Help!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ever since the earthquake unleashed its fury on Japan this week, I've been trying to wrap my mind around the magnitude of such a catastrophic event. How desperate families must feel to find loved ones who are missing. How devastating it must be to see that your home--neighborhood, community, entire city--has been washed out to sea, along with precious family mementos and a lifetime of memories held within its walls. My heart hurts for those affected. And those trying desperately to escape any further devastation that may still befall upon that region.

I'll be honest, I'd be flipping out if I had my children in Japan right now. With so much instability in the area, it would be so hard to determine how to best protect them. Do we stay? Do we flee? Those are decisions I feel most grateful that I am not forced to make right now. But unfortunately, I know of someone who does. And her family could really use your help.


I graduated high school with Lisa. She lives in Japan with her husband and 4 young children. They're trying desperately to get back on US soil. But it's going to cost more than $12,000.

I urge you to consider making a tax-deductible donation at www.breakingborders.com via Paypal or donate directly through Paypal to cashclan@gmail.com to help get this family back home safely.

Other posts about the Cash family can be viewed here, and here.






3 Comments:
Blogger "Sarah" had this to say:

I would love to donate to their cause! Is there a way to specifically donate to their family? Was their home affected by the disaster? Please keep us updated on their situation!

Sarah

March 15, 2011 at 8:05 PM 


Blogger Cash Clan Japan had this to say:

Catrina, this means SO much to me that you would post this, seriously. :-( THANK YOU!

March 15, 2011 at 8:41 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Sarah, if you have a paypal account you can send a donation directly to them at cashclan@gmail.com. If you wanted to donate through breaking borders, you can include a note with your donation indicating the Cash family as the recipient and it will get to them.

LIsa, I'm happy to do what I can to help you guys get back home. Safe and sound. Hang in there!

March 15, 2011 at 9:07 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771