So doggone adorable.
Monday, March 7, 2011

Yesterday, we drove 2.5 hours to the small town of Kingfisher, OK to see for the first time the litter of pups from which we will choose our Josie, the little whippersnapper who will take up residence with us for the next--oh, good lord--decade or more.

If you think I sound pessimistic about all of this, you're right. But the idea of having a dog has really started to grow on me over the past month. Pretty much, I'm just all talk at this point. Especially once I held these little rambunctious balls of fur in my arms. And there was absolutely no question in Wyatt's mind. They were ALL coming home with us.


Dogs simply adore Wyatt, and the feeling is quite mutual. It makes me happy knowing he'll finally have a dog of his very own, rather than be forced to bond with all of the neighbor dogs through a chain-linked fence.

Avery loved it when they all chased her, but I think she has mixed feelings about doggy kisses.
Better her than me.


Wyatt, on the other hand, welcomed all the interaction he could get. Heck, the puppy could've peed on him and he would've found it funny! I remember a time as a child when I witnessed a friend's mom share a bowl of ice cream with her dog, even eating from the same spoon. Wyatt could totally be that kid. But he won't be. Not if I have anything to do with it.


So, which one will she be? Which one will take on the name of Josie Sprinkles Cupcake Sugarplum Edgar?


Well, we still have three more weeks to decide. But I think we've got it pretty well narrowed down to one of these two.



And if Eric gets his say, it will be this one.


This is what I say. Mama may need a lot of neck rubs and sweet nothings whispered in her ear between now and then. Cause she likes the other one.






5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Get them both! Puppies are good in pairs! -Courtney

March 7, 2011 at 2:03 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

I am cracking up that you mentioned he won't share a spoon with the dog if you have anything to do with it. This coming from the mom of the same kid who told his sister recently to wipe the boogies in the carpet. LOL.

March 8, 2011 at 12:05 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

OH! And I agree with your anonymous commenter. Get them both. They will have each other to sleep with and play with on days Wyatt can't be with Josie.

March 8, 2011 at 12:08 PM 


Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I agree - get them both! One for each child to play with and take care of.

March 8, 2011 at 4:07 PM 


OpenID thedrivers had this to say:

Yes, no sharing spoons, but they are soo very cuddly to spoon with! Too cute. We can't wait to get another dog too.
Hugs,
Mina

March 10, 2011 at 6:56 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771