My Son, The Dancing King.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My kids often say and do things that get me to chuckling, but I usually know it's blog-worthy when after several days I still find myself erupting in laughter at completely random (and sometimes inappropriate) times of day.

Every morning at school, Wyatt creates a journal entry at the writing center usually consisting of drawings of his latest shenanigans, like what he did over Spring Break, or his favorite animal. On February 17th, his teacher asked the kids to draw a picture demonstrating what they would do if they were King. Rather than implement a NO BEDTIME policy for children--like most kids his age might be inclined to do--Wyatt decided being King called for much more drastic measures. Like dancing.


"If I was the king, I would dance like a baby."

It's usually at a stop light when the image of this drawing, coupled with this famous dancing baby video, gets me into hysterics. Needless to say, I've received quite a few strange looks this week. Thank you, Wyatt. It's totally your fault if your friends think your mom is a weirdo.






2 Comments:
Anonymous Darla Loy had this to say:

That's just awesome!!! LoL...kids are great. Reminds me of the time my husband, John, whispered in Jaelyn's ear, "Tell Mommy to keep dreaming BIG!" So, Jae turns to me & shouts, "Keep dreaming, PIG!!!" Haven't laughed that hard in awhile. I think we ALL need to cut loose every once in awhile & dance like a baby! I think he's on to something! ;-)

April 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM 


Blogger Sara Seratte Jansen had this to say:

Wait, he dances like this at stoplights? LMAO!

April 30, 2011 at 7:47 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771