Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!
Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just for the record, that fancy new mixer I wrote about in my previous post apparently does perform magic. I emptied all of the ingredients for Avery's birthday cake into the mixing bowl, turned it on, sat down for an hour to read a book, then came back to find this perfectly assembled on my kitchen counter:


Alright, so it wasn't that easy. But the mixer did cut the prep time in half, at least. And! I ran into no major snafus as with cakes I've decorated in the past, which made it a very successful and therefore delightful baking experience all around. Avery loved the cake and praised my work--declaring repeatedly that I was "such a good baker"--but refused to eat a single morsel of her own 3-tiered birthday cake. Not because she was afraid to mess it up, but because I had made the mistake of infusing raspberry filling into the middle of each tier. "Mommy, you know I don't like jelly," she scolded. "Well, more for me!" I replied.


We threw a Fancy Nancy dress-up soiree at a little studio called Diva Girlz for her and a few friends. They all had so much fun, and I think the adults had just as much fun watching them!



So hard to believe our baby girl is 4 years old.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Avery!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771