Porter Peach Festival
Saturday, July 16, 2011

Triple-digit temperatures this summer have made spending long (or even short) periods of time outdoors rather unbearable. For two people completely against having a pool, Eric and I have pretty much "warmed" up to the idea. It's no longer a matter of if, but when!

Last night we decided to brave the elements in the small town of Porter, OK for the annual Porter Peach Festival. At 5 0'clock, the heat index must have been at least 106 degrees and didn't really change much by the time we finally decided to throw in the towel 3 hours later. It was so hot, there was nary a peach to be sold, save for one small table with about 3 bags on it, and those were most likely just for show!

But we made the most of it and played a couple of carnival games, rode a few rides, and made a valiant attempt to enjoy an ice cream cone before it formed a melted puddle at our feet.


Goodness, this boy is getting so big.
Nothing about him looks like a 5-year-old.



Enjoying the nice breeze on the dragon ride



On the carousel with Dad

Our final stop before seeking refuge in our air-conditioned vehicle was the face-painting booth, the one thing Wyatt's festival experience would not have been complete without. I strongly encouraged him to pick a design that was simple, one that wouldn't itch his face off. But I should've known better. Subtlety is not one of his strong suits.

Avatar and Lil' Angel

Today you can bet we'll be staying inside, furthering our research on pool installation and design.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771