I'm having blog-abandonment issues.
Monday, October 3, 2011

I can't tell you how many times during the past two months I've contemplated laying this blog to rest. I have so many things I want to share with the 3 people who still follow it, yet finding the extra 5-10 minutes to document them has proven to be an insurmountable task. But every time I think of calling it quits, I find myself randomly clicking on blog entries dated two years ago and my mind becomes instantly flooded with memories of days that had long been forgotten. I have come to the realization that this blog is not so much for you all who read it (sorry to break it to you), but for me and my god-awful memory. Because I have blogged so little the past year, I realize that my mind will forever purge some of the greatest experiences we've had simply because I didn't take the time to write about them, and it makes me sad...and a little mad. I can't promise weekly updates, but I hope to post more frequently than I have been lately, even if it means waking up at the crack of dawn (wait, I already do that) or staying up late (hmmm...not happening). I will also rely heavily on my faithful buggers--Ashley Landfield and Wendy Auten--who are the first to admonish me for being blog-lazy. Thanks for keeping me in line, ladies.

Onward...

Let's see. The kids started a new school year 6 weeks ago. How's that for breaking news?


Kindergarten in a big school with big kids.
You've got this, kiddo!


Four-year-old Grows Ghetto Booty Overnight
(now that's a headliner!)


College football season started just after that.
(as did the grief given to me by my fellow Oklahoma State grads)



Then the real madness began. And it can be summed up in six words:

Soccer, Football, Dance, Swim, Karate, and Gymnastics

And now that mom has accepted the position of Vice President of the PTO, she's pretty much screwed in the Free Time department.

Needless to say, most of our days are spent in the car driving from one end of town to the other. But as of late, it's really one of my favorite places to be.

To quote Wyatt, "Mommy's new car is Bomb-bastic!"
Son, Mommy couldn't agree more.

We may be living life in the fast lane these days (pun intended), but we're having an absolute blast. Wyatt recently celebrated his 6th birthday (pictures coming soon...promise), and Avery has gone from a shy little caterpillar to a vibrant, outgoing, social butterfly who wants everything to do with her girlfriends and nothing at all to do with stinky boys (except her brother, whom she's adamant upon marrying one day). Oh yes, the girlish nightmare has begun. And so have the pedicures. Lord help us.


Back-to-School pedicure with with her friend, Peityn,
whom she gets to see every single day.
BFF's RULE!

And finally, the Tulsa State Fair is in town this week. Even though I am highly allergic to such mayhem, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to take my girl to Disney on Ice...a first for each of us. It too, was pretty "bomb-bastic!"


I'm definitely at a point in motherhood when it is starting to sink in that my kids are growing up on me. And fast. I've been spending a little more time lately tucking them in at bedtime and sneaking in as many butterfly kisses as they will allow.

Here's to another great week of making memories. And recording them. So that in two years when I think about calling it quits again, I'll have a plethora of reasons to reconsider.






2 Comments:
Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

I check your blog everyday! Weird? No, I miss y'all and want to see what's going on in OK! I am faithful! Alex and I were looking at 2008 pictures on my blog last night, one caption was how JoJo called Lacey "ee-ee" and we had totally forgotten that detail. I am slacking too though, life just gets so busy! Miss you and hope to see you one of these days!

October 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM 


Blogger Jim and Wendy had this to say:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

October 5, 2011 at 4:14 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771