Pinkalicious!
Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today I learned something new about my six-year-old son.

Musical theatre makes him want to claw his eyes out.

(Especially when he's one of only 3 boys in a theatre filled with pig-tailed pretties prancing around in pink tutus and waving their magic wands in anticipation of seeing their favorite storybook character come to life on stage.)

Ah, yes. Pinkalicious was in the house. And Wyatt was beyond thrilled.



Okay, so maybe he was a little less than excited. The drama queen in the family, however, was...shall we say...tickled PINK!





I love it that my kids are finally at an age which allows us to enjoy (or suffer through) activities like this together. It often makes for interesting conversation during the car ride home. And for the record, when asked who his favorite character was, Wyatt responded with an enthusiastic "all of them!" So either he really enjoyed the show more than he let on, or his daddy has already trained him that when it comes to women, it's always best to just tell them what they want to hear.

Considering Avery herself is quite the little performer, I have a feeling Wyatt may have many more opportunities to cultivate a love (or at least an appreciation) of the the performing arts in the years to come. Regardless of what she does, whether it be belting out a song on stage or scoring soccer goals, this little girl can always count on me to be her #1 fan.










5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I do have to disagree with musical theater
making Wyatt wanting to claws his eyes
out, lol. He truly enjoyed the musical
performance put in by Harwelden on Friday
as he was singing and dancing through the
whole thing. Even as they played
Justin Bieber:)

November 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Bieber fever? Are we talking about the same Wyatt? Haha! Oh, how I would've loved to be a fly on the wall.

November 19, 2011 at 11:39 PM 


Blogger Shelly had this to say:

Love it! I cannot believe how big the kids are in those pictures.. How can that be?

Miss you friend!
Shelly

November 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM 


Anonymous soozie had this to say:

I am a tad surprised that Wyatt was less than enthusiastic about Pinkalicious! He was always very drawn to the drama and dressing up and opera singing in the Rainbow bear room! Love that picture of him in the theater! I think I have the same photo of him in the audience at the Steven Fite Concert last year! Love that kid!!

November 20, 2011 at 1:54 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Soozie, he was initially very excited to go because he too loves the Pinkalicious books. But he began to get rather uncomfortable when he realized he was one of the only boys there! Haha!

November 20, 2011 at 4:35 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771