Cryin' Me a River
Thursday, May 24, 2012

I always get a little weepy as the school year comes to a close, but finishing up the Pre-K year is especially difficult. Saying goodbye to fantastic teachers and little classroom buddies who will all be going to different schools next year, is just so hard for me to do. Pre-K is such special year--a growing year--experiencing a ton of "firsts", and it's hard to believe it's come to an end. 


My Little Graduate


Her Closest Friends


It really does seem like yesterday I snapped this first day photo in her new big-booty-back-to-school dress. It's funny. She never wanted to wear that dress again--and didn't--the entire year.




Until today. The very last day of school.
(I promise, I had absolutely nothing to do with it.)


And here she is, nine months later. Isn't she "booty"ful?


As hard as it is to let go sometimes, I have to keep reminding myself that there is so much more to look forward to beyond Pre-K. Like finally having both kids in the same school next year. I'm already preparing myself for that emotional moment when big brother takes his baby sister by the hand and walks her into school on that first day. And praying to God he doesn't decide to trip her on the way in. 

Surely, he wouldn't dream of such a thing. Surely...







3 Comments:
Anonymous Lori martin had this to say:

Just wait when they graduate elementary school. That was tough for me.:)I love reading your blogs.

May 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM 


Anonymous Lori hill-martin had this to say:

I guess I should've signed that hill-Martin. The other Lori hasn't experienced elementary graduation

May 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Lori, I can only imagine! I don't even want to think about them graduating from elementary school. It seems so far away but I know it will be here in a blink of an eye.

May 24, 2012 at 8:57 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771